Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » parallelism, Oracle and an 8 cpu server
parallelism, Oracle and an 8 cpu server [message #179478] Tue, 27 June 2006 10:25 Go to next message
alanm

Hi All,
I have oracle 9i on an AIX 8 cpu server. I have run a dmbs_gatherstats and have noticed that only a single cpu is being used. can anyone tell me what oracle parameters should be set to make use of all 8 cpus. I understand that there are various arguements that can be called from the dbms_gahterstats package too which help. can anyone provide a list.

best regards

Alan.
Re: parallelism, Oracle and an 8 cpu server [message #179491 is a reply to message #179478] Tue, 27 June 2006 12:18 Go to previous message
smartin
The docs for the gather procedures provide a list of args and their purposes. Check out the one called degree. If you want stats collection to be parallelized, but not other operations on the table. If you want as much as possible to be done in parallel for a specific table, then set the degree attribute of the table itself.
Previous Topic: Cancel Oracle shutdown
Next Topic: How to Create Test Database in Production Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:53:46 CDT 2024