Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » TNS NO LISTNER
TNS NO LISTNER [message #188804] Mon, 21 August 2006 13:54 Go to next message
sheharyararshad

hello
can any one plz help me out in one problem i have a database oracle 10g n windows xp platform ,i am trying to connect visual studio 2005 to oracle database through database wizard in visual studio 2005 while connecting it gives error in visual studio "ORA-12154:TNS:COULD NOT RESOLVE SERVICE NAME" .listner is started already.name of the database is "orcl".computer name is "shary".
configuration of listner file is

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: H:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = H:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
)

plz can nay one sort it out this problem i will be very thankfull.
take care
shary
Re: TNS NO LISTNER [message #188911 is a reply to message #188804] Tue, 22 August 2006 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rohank009
Hi,

ur listener file doesn't seem to have the SID name in it,
so u recreate ur listener using net8 configuration assistant,
or create it by seeing other old listener file which is working.

Both listener.ora and tnsnames.ora should have same SID.

Regards,
Rohan
Re: TNS NO LISTNER [message #188960 is a reply to message #188804] Tue, 22 August 2006 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesuisantony
Please check if the entry in the tnsnames.ora file is fine.

Also confirm the connectivity by the command

tnsping database_name

The command should be executed in the OS prompt.
Re: TNS NO LISTNER [message #189207 is a reply to message #188960] Wed, 23 August 2006 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheharyararshad

hello
thank u for urs quick response actually the proble is that before i have installed oracle 10g and visual studio 2005 in windows xp . it was working fine visual studio .net was connecting with oracle 10g and there was no error like "TNS NO LISTNER UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVICE NAME".but after that i installed oracle developer 10g .after installing developer now its giving error tns no listener unable to resolve service name in visual studio as well as in oracle developer .infact this both oracle developer is installed in h: drive but diff folder like oracle and oracle developer
so plz do the need full
take care
bye
Re: TNS NO LISTNER [message #189218 is a reply to message #188804] Wed, 23 August 2006 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Likely you now have multiple ORACLE_HOME folders/trees; which means multiple tnsnames.ora.
Also all too frequently I've seen similar error messages due to problems in the listener.ora file. (Again you may have more than 1)
Re: TNS NO LISTNER [message #189332 is a reply to message #189218] Thu, 24 August 2006 03:29 Go to previous message
sheharyararshad

hello
once again yes oracle database 10g is installed on oracle folder and developer is installed on developer folder separately but on the same drive so can u plz tell me the solution what can i do now in order to connect developer with database coz its giving me "TNS NO LSTNER UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERIVICE NAME".
plz tell me the complete procedure to solve the problem.
plz do the need full
take care bye
shary
Previous Topic: MAX length of the ORACLE DB name
Next Topic: Is it possible to shrink system tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:20:44 CDT 2024