Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle & Microsoft Access Table Synchronization
Oracle & Microsoft Access Table Synchronization [message #229517] Mon, 09 April 2007 01:25 Go to next message
fahedakhter

I want to Synch Oracle & Ms Access Table data. When User Insert data in Oracle table the MsAccess table also synch with this record. And when I delete record from Oracle table then it also delete from MsAccess table how can I do this. I use Oracle Hetrogenious Service but it does'nt work on Linux As4. I use Oracle 9i on Linux As4. Would Linux support Microsft Access or not.

Reagrd's
Fahed
Re: Oracle & Microsoft Access Table Synchronization [message #231075 is a reply to message #229517] Sat, 14 April 2007 00:09 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
Have you looked at any of the 'transparent gateway' software from Oracle? I have not, but it may help you.
Also, a ms access file, or any of hundreds of other common flat files can be used as though it was an Oracle table. You have to tell Oracle where the data source is in order for Oracle to know about dependencies. Then you use it just like an Oracle table. You grant access or create veiws or anything you want.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 April 2007 00:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle 10g
Next Topic: OraOps10.dll error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:40:12 CDT 2024