Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Finding forms user name/form name
Finding forms user name/form name [message #231354] Mon, 16 April 2007 12:55 Go to next message
madchaz
First, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, so if it isn't, mods, fell free to move this to the right place.

I am working on a query to get session informations out of the system. Right now, I have been able to get pretty much everything I wanted out of it, but 2 pieces of information are missing for me.

I need to be able to find the form name and form user name of database sessions caused by a session in Oracle forms.

I'm trying to figure out what view/table can give me this info.

Right now, I'm getting my information from the following 4 views.

v$session_event
v$session
v$session_wait
v$process

I'm using the sid+serial# of the session as a primary key.

I can get the forms user name from v$session's action column, but that requires some string manipulation. I can,t get the full form name. Any ideas would be welcome
Re: Finding forms user name/form name [message #231392 is a reply to message #231354] Mon, 16 April 2007 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
The only way I can think to solve this problem would be for the code in the FORM to use DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO which can then be queried via V$SESSION
Re: Finding forms user name/form name [message #231533 is a reply to message #231354] Tue, 17 April 2007 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madchaz
What column would that be?

I'm on 9i and 11.5.8 for the forms.
Re: Finding forms user name/form name [message #231562 is a reply to message #231354] Tue, 17 April 2007 09:21 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
I'll forgive you for being incapable or unwilling to use Google.
Results 1 - 10 of about 17,600 for Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.
If you'll forgive me for not completely spoon feeding YOU a complete solution.
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.php
Previous Topic: Database creation
Next Topic: Oracle patch information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:33:38 CDT 2024