Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SQL Server, connection to oracle error
SQL Server, connection to oracle error [message #234223] Mon, 30 April 2007 08:53 Go to next message
r2d2dev
hi all.

In my SQL Server SSIS project, when i add a datasource connection to an oracle server, i get the error below. (on my personal laptop it works fine, but when i try to install it on a test environment, i get the error)

Could this because i have oracle XE installed yet on my personal laptop, and it is not installed on the computer of our test environment where the SSIS runs? If that's the reason, it sounds very strange, because it would mean i have to install an oracle environment also on the computer with SSIS, just to make a connection to another oracle server...

Error:

TITLE: Connection Manager
------------------------------

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.

Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

BUTTONS:

OK
Re: SQL Server, connection to oracle error [message #234229 is a reply to message #234223] Mon, 30 April 2007 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r2d2dev
is it maybe the oracle instant client that i need to install on the SQL Server PC ?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html
Re: SQL Server, connection to oracle error [message #234233 is a reply to message #234223] Mon, 30 April 2007 09:33 Go to previous message
r2d2dev
others advised me not to use the instant client, but really the standard client;

however, i was searching for it, and apperently there's only a version for powerpc/linux available on:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

not for windows????
how is this possible?????

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2007 09:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ORACLE Documents.
Next Topic: databse got close
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:04:41 CDT 2024