Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Provider not found
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Provider not found [message #240108] Thu, 24 May 2007 02:48 Go to next message
nsurendiran

Hi All,

In my machine, I am not able to connect to Oracle using ADODB data control. One problem I found was there was no "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" / "Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle" found when I click the "Build" button in the properties of that ADODB control. But the same providers are listed when I go through the control panel ODBC data sources. Can anyone help me in this regards? like how to get these providers in my machine?

I've no clues about the problem. Whether I need to reinstall VB?
Whether I need to run MDAC latest? Whether I need to reinstall Oracle?

Thanks in advane.
N.Surendran
icon14.gif  Re: Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Provider not found [message #240323 is a reply to message #240108] Thu, 24 May 2007 10:56 Go to previous message
sanka_yanka

What is the version of the oracle.
If you are using oracle 8 then please check that SQORA32.DLL is present on the bin directory of the oracle.If it is there then check for "Oracle ODBC Driver" while creating an ODBC setting do not use "Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle" use the "Oracle ODBC Driver" to create a new ODBC, I hope this will resolve you problem.

This is not a VB problem, so u don't need to re-install vb at all.

Regards,
Sanka
Previous Topic: Oracle Enterprise Manager
Next Topic: dba_views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:34:34 CDT 2024