Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside
how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside [message #244470] Wed, 13 June 2007 01:00 Go to next message
brihaspatirai
Please help me to overcome this problem

I've created a tablespace and datafile then
afer i've deleted the tablespace
so datafile still in my database now i want to delete
that datafile .

Thanks
Brihaspati Rai
Re: how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside [message #244476 is a reply to message #244470] Wed, 13 June 2007 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you delete the tablespace the file is no more part of the database.
Use OS rm/del command to delete the file.

Regards
Michel
Re: how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside [message #244593 is a reply to message #244470] Wed, 13 June 2007 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Maybe if you used proper punctuation and terminology we would have any idea what you are talking about.
First, you don't delete tablespaces, you drop them. What do you mean the datafile is still in your database? When you drop a tablespace, the datafiles associated with it are dropped.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2007 08:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside [message #244898 is a reply to message #244593] Thu, 14 June 2007 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
What OS?

In windows, you may face problem in deleting datafile when you have dropped a tablespace.
You may need to restart the instance, then only the windows OS allows you to delete the file physically.

--Girish
Re: how to drop datafile i've allready droped the tablespace in which my datafile reside [message #245160 is a reply to message #244470] Fri, 15 June 2007 06:07 Go to previous message
tayalarun
Are you using ASM?
If yes, you can either delete the datafile from OEM db console or via asmctl command utility.

Arun
Previous Topic: Create DB in Linux server using a Window's DB template
Next Topic: Is my understanding regarding transactions correct ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:15:48 CDT 2024