Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Making Oracle password automatically windows password (10g, 10.2.0.3, Windows Server 2003)
Making Oracle password automatically windows password [message #282370] Wed, 21 November 2007 13:16 Go to next message
clintonf
Hi all,

Is it possible to make your 10g passwords be the same as Windows passwords, and change when the windows passwords change?

The application that uses Oracle does not allow users to change their passwords. In order to comply with strong password "regulations" (min length, uppercase, numbers, etc.) and to make it easier for users to remember/change passwords I would like to make their Oracle passwords the same as their OS passwords.

Or sysadmin has already imposed all the rules necessary for strong passwords at the OS level. I would like Oracle to synchronize its users' (which have the same usernames as the OS) passwords to the OS passwords thus saving me the trouble of having to impose rules, allowing users to change their passwords and allowing users to have only one password to worry about.

The application does not allow a blank password field (that is, the type of authentication that allows `connect / as sysdba`). An password must be supplied when logging in to the system.

Google hasn't been too helpful on this one (or I'm using the wrong search terms Embarassed).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Re: Making Oracle password automatically windows password [message #282380 is a reply to message #282370] Wed, 21 November 2007 14:42 Go to previous message
ebrian
Check Using Oracle Database with Microsoft Active Directory.
Previous Topic: Archive logs
Next Topic: Rapid clone on Database error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:16:06 CDT 2024