Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » "Exectution" field not updated in V$SQLAREA
"Exectution" field not updated in V$SQLAREA [message #285765] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:07 Go to next message
neilsoncarlos
Hello folks,

I´m execution a query in a piece of Java code and I´m not using "binds", i.e., I´m doing the following:

stmt = myConn1.prepareStatement(new_query1 + "'" + custcodeSQL + "'" + new_query2);

But I don´t know why the "Executions" field in sys.v_$sqlarea doesn´t not increment as I execute the code more the once. "Executions" field is "1" no matter how many times I execute the query. It should happen when I use binds, right?

Does anyone know why it´s happening?

thanks a lot!

Neilson
Re: "Exectution" field not updated in V$SQLAREA [message #285767 is a reply to message #285765] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you prepare and execute several queries with different values then they are different queries, so you execute each one only once.

Regards
Michel
Re: "Exectution" field not updated in V$SQLAREA [message #285769 is a reply to message #285767] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neilsoncarlos
but all Executions should go to V$SQLAREA, right?
That´s not happening...
if I change the value, It sould appear a new line in V$SQLAREA or increment the number of Executions... did I misunderstand it?
thanks for replying Michel Smile
Re: "Exectution" field not updated in V$SQLAREA [message #285771 is a reply to message #285769] Wed, 05 December 2007 09:43 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Maybe Oracle choose to remove your query from the SGA because it needed space.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Grid concept
Next Topic: strange objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:14:06 CDT 2024